Friday 10 August 2012

getting to know you.

so, being new, i figured i'd help you get to know me a little better by showing you a few of my favourite things from my room.



this is just a little box tower i have created in my bay window. there's nothing in these boxes yet as i only bought them a little over a week ago. they vary in price from approximately two to six pounds and so are really affordable and are still available in tkmaxx. my favourite is the queen box as it's really quirky and is perfect given the jubilee which has just gone and the olympics which are currently being hosted here in the uk.




this bird cage was a birthday gift over a year ago now, and i believe it was purchased from center parcs. it has a very shabby chic feel about it and it is stuffed with little critters that my boyfriend and i have made together. it sits in my window and i think it's just a really beautifull object to have.




this lovely little box was picked up from a carboot sale for one pound fifty. i don't like to open it because the inside smells funny but nevertheless it's nice to look at.




another little carboot find; fifty pence this time. its hand painted, like the other box and so they both truly are one of a kind. it holds buttons at the minute and i love it being part of my room.




my boyfriend bought me this adorable payphone for my birthday, and it actually works! not as a payphone, you have to plug it in but it makes the funniest noised when dialing, and it doubles up as a money box too, which means i can put a few pennies in here and there and hopefully will open it up one day to a nice surprise.



i treated myself to this little fella', he cost just short of twenty pounds but he's totally worth it. i wish i had more doors in my room because there was a tortoise one that i really wanted to buy too. it kinda sucked leaving him behind, poor little guy.



i saw him a couple of years back in debenhams and knew he had to be called morris and live in my house, so here he is, amoungst other clutter. he's a cookie jar but i don't like getting crumbs in him so he gets other stuff plonked in his belly instead.


i bought a load of these a while ago but i think this is my favourite. they just sit on my drawer handles. you can buy them here.

so thanks for having a look at some of my stuff, if you're interested in a more extensive room tour in pictures, let me know. i'll have to do a tidy up first mind.

which object do you like best? have you got anything similar? let me know.

until next time, byeeeeeee.


4 comments:

  1. I love the payphone, it's so cool and cute!

    http://sophietalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!
      my boyfriend has the best taste, bless him!
      there are a tonne on ebay, which is where he bought mine from.
      if i had the link on me i'd give it you but sadly i don't have it to hand.
      anyway; i love your blog :)
      thanks so much for the support.
      laura xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely selection of bits, your printed boxes are gorgeous, I'm after some exactly like that xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, i love them!
      i saw them and knew i had to have them, carrying them all round the sshop was a nightmare though! they were way above my head!.
      i'm thinking of buying some more actually because they're such a bargain.
      i hope you manage to find some you like.
      laura xx

      Delete